Half the fun of eating a hot dog is loading it up with all kinds of toppings. This time we took a tropical approach. The pineapple salsa combats the spice from sriracha, creating a perfect balance of flavor and texture.
Pro tip: Grilling the King’s Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Hot Dog Buns makes the buttery bun even more irresistible
Made it? Let us know how it went in the comment section below!
- Make the pineapple salsa: In a small bowl, toss together pineapple, onion, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and set aside.
- Make the spicy mayo: In another small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, Sriracha, and lime juice, if adding. Season with salt and set aside.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Split King’s Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Hot Dog Buns and toast as desired. Set aside.
- Place hot dogs on grill or grill pan and cook for about 3 minutes, or until grill marks appear.
- Place hot dogs in buns, then top with pineapple salsa, and drizzle with spicy mayo. Garnish with more cilantro before serving.